We are proud to offer incentives on building Energy Star rated homes and and providing access to whole-home audits on existing buildings. If you are interested in any of the offerings below, please call the office at 715-232-6240.
Home Energy Audit
- Incentive is a $150 credit towards the cost of a home energy audit
- Work must be performed by a state-certified energy audit specialist
- Typical total cost is $325 less credit
- Bill for audit will be sent to Dunn Energy Cooperative and the member will see the charge on their energy bill, less the $150 credit
- Cost of the audit generally includes one follow-up visit for retesting after recommended correction measures have been made.
- Eligible for only one audit every five years – limit 50 members per year
- If audit requests exceed 50, members will be placed on a waiting list and awarded incentives if money becomes available
- Credit cannot exceed 50% of the actual cost of the audit or $150
Home Audit Follow-up Incentive
- Incentive is a max of $500 per member and must be claimed within 24 months of audit
- Must have done a home energy audit through the Dunn Energy program first
- The consultant will give the homeowner a series of recommendations of ways to improve energy efficiency.
- Dunn will credit member up to $500 for completion of efficiency updates/improvements
- Member can do any combination of one or more of the projects listed by the consultant
- Projects should be related to electrical reduction and/or electrical efficiency
Touchstone Energy Home Program
- Incentive is $500 per home
- If requests exceed five, members will be placed on a waiting list and awarded incentives if money becomes available
- Need a copy of State Energy Star certification
Program is arranged by the homeowner, builder and state Energy Star Home staff. DEC just does the final rebate if the home passes and is certified as a Wisconsin Energy Star Home
Overall Incentive Rules
- All incentives are available on products purchased and work performed from 1/1/23 until 12/31/23
- Dunn Energy reserves the right to terminate all or part of this program at any time
- Each incentive has a budget, when that budget has been met the incentive may end
- Dunn Energy reserves the right to transfer allotted program budget funds between programs as needed
- Only active electric members of Dunn Energy Cooperative are eligible for these incentives
- Incentives listed are as of 1/1/23 - call Dunn Energy Cooperative for updates
- All energy efficiency measures and appliances must be installed on the DEC system to qualify for an incentive
- Rebates in the amount of $499 or less will be issued in the form of an energy bill credit unless otherwise requested. Checks will be issued for amounts of $500 or larger
- Rebates CANNOT exceed 100% of the purchase price of the item being rebated
All forms and receipts must be turned in within 3 months of the purchase date or by December 31 to qualify for rebates.