The annual WECA Youth Leadership Congress (YLC) is a unique three-day event sponsored by Wisconsin’s electric cooperatives and facilitated by WECA. It is a unique opportunity for youth across Wisconsin to develop their leadership skills while learning the purpose, operation, and scope of cooperative businesses.
Take the opportunity to…
- See what makes the cooperative business model different and successful, then apply this knowledge to fun and challenging cooperative activities.
- Identify and learn how to develop your own leadership skills.
- Discuss cooperative careers with industry professionals.
- Be entertained and challenged by highly acclaimed motivational speakers who understand teens and talk about topics that are relevant to your life.
A few things that make this conference different:
This is a by-teens, for-teens cooperative leadership conference. It is planned and developed by a youth board elected at the previous year’s event.
Attendees don’t pay. They are sponsored by their local electric cooperatives.
Attendees elected to the youth board will not only plan the next conference their way; they also have the opportunity to attend the annual National Rural Electric Cooperative Association National Youth Tour in Washington, D.C., the following June.
Who should apply?
- High school junior whose parent/guardian is a member of Dunn Energy Cooperative
- Students wanting to explore different career opportunities
- Students who are interested in expanding their leadership skills
If you are interested in registering, please email Jolene Fisher at email@example.com or call the office at 715-232-6240. Registration deadline is Wednesday, June 7, 2023